Flood Damage Insurance

Damage to your house caused by flooding may be covered under your buildings insurance policy, however, if you live in an area that is at a high risk of flooding you might want to consider taking out stand-alone flood damage insurance as well.

Even if your own home is not directly affected by flooding (for example, you live in a third floor flat), the local area could be - your car could be washed away, you may not be able to access or leave your home, and your power, gas or water supplies may be disrupted.

What may not be covered
Insurance cover against flooding is generally available for the vast majority of properties. However, insurers cannot guarantee to provide cover in all circumstances.

In all cases, insurance terms are set by the insurer and will reflect differing degrees of the risk of flooding.
Default Sidebar image